Thursday, February 17, 2011

paper weaving

Today I wove the scraps of acrylic paint paper together. Glued it together and let it dry.  Then inked it with wild honey & broken china distress inks (both sides). I then took a rubber spatula and coated the whole thing with antique decoupage finish. It dried quite nicely.  I now look at this 5x7 rectangle sheet and think of the ways I can proceed.  Definitely want to emboss and dry brush.  Wonder how it would take a stamp first...hmmmmm.  So many possibilities...
My ship confirmation came saying my Tim Coffey paper pack is on the way.  I am so excited!! I have a few designer papers, but not many.  Since the nearest craft store is 3 hours away, I rely upon internet purchases.  Those tiny pictures showing paper packs do not do the pack justice and I hesitate to purchase without seeing the paper.  I need to feel it just like I need to feel fabric for sewing.  Fortunately, every once in a while a You Tuber will show a whole paper pack and I fell in love with Tim Coffey's designs!  Ordered the Blossomwood collection.  Can't wait to get it!
Lastly, today I watched a craft video showing a woman's sewing room.  Very nice room.  In the end of the video, she talked about having joy in your life and counting your blessings every day.  I know I get pretty self absorbed being alone so much.  Gets lonely, too.  She gave some really sound advice.  I am going to take her up on it.  My joy has been packed away for too long and it is time to get it out and dust it off.  Appreciate the wonder of the world around me.
Good goal for the morning..........
g'nite.

No comments:

Post a Comment