Thursday, July 7, 2011

...and it's JULY already.....

I set up my blog and entered a couple entries and then just watched.  I added myself as a follower just to make sure the thing worked.  Oh well, guess this blog thing isn't for everyone.  I decided it is just for me, then.

Well, I was just be-bopping along and I suddenly tripped over life.  What a difference a day makes in this journey of life.  I guess the older we get , changes are harder.  And sometimes some changes aren't meant to be happening, but do.
The month of May was upon me and I barely made it through my swaps and took June off completely. I felt like I couldn't create anymore! July I just signed up for a couple 'easy' ones because you know the old 'too much time on your hands' thing.  I thought my mojo would return if I started out slow.
Crafting & creating is my expression and escape from reality sometimes.  The days I cannot move from the couch, I find that drawing and creating allows me to focus on limitless possibilities rather than limitations.  Like reading a book full of adventure.  Can't wait to read the ending to see how things turn out.  My creations come together and sometimes even surprise me! All of a sudden, this escape seemed to escape me! I never realized how important my Art is to me until I felt it was gone.

Then I got butterflies & love in the mail one day.  : )

Daughter #2 went on the Joann's website and ordered 3 butterfly punches and a butterfly sizzlits for me.  The note said, "I love you, Mom".
I must have punched out 1000 butterflies out of various papers that day.  And when my daughter came over for a surprise visit, I was just sitting there amid paper scraps and lots & lots of butterflies.  : )

What a difference a day makes in this journey of life.
Hope you have a butterfly day today.
I will.  : )

2 comments:

  1. Beautifully written Lori. This blog adventure will be good for you to get your feelings out, and surprising when you find out how many out there share your same ups and downs. I always thought it was just me, I was unique and then I found out I'm not, I'm one of many struggling though life bumps. So nice to know we have friends to help us along the way! Hugs, Patti

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your words of encouragement, Patti. Hugs back :)

    ReplyDelete